The hostel building which matches in design with the main Institute building has accommodation for about 175 trainees on single and double occupancy basis.
Hostel administration changes linen once in a week. Beds must be made when not in use. Electrical Appliances, lights & taps must be switched off when Officer-trainees leave their rooms or when otherwise not required. Damage to Institute property caused through negligence will have to be made good by the concerned officer trainee.
- Daily newspapers/magazines are available for reading in the lounge (Ground Floor) of the hostel.
- Two Washing Machines have been installed in the Hostel for use by the Probationers / trainee officers, in the bathroom of room number 128 at first floor..
- Reverse Osmosis Water Filters are installed in the Hostel. Probationers are advised not to drink unfiltered water.
Security in the Hostel
- Hostel Attendants are available in the hostel round the clock to facilitate the officer trainees. Officer trainees are required to follow the following security instructions strictly as under:
- Officer trainees should put their own locks in the hostel rooms.
- Valuable articles such as jewelry, cash etc. should not be kept in the hostel rooms.
- Before leaving the rooms, the doors opening in the balconies must be properly bolted / locked & keys should not be left with the room boys.
- Cleaning of the rooms in the hostel should be got done by the officer trainees in their presence.
- Reception Staff should not be sent on private errands.
- Any suspicious movement of persons be immediately reported to the security guard/Reception Desk and /or Security Office or Faculty-in-charge (Security).
- Individual lockers are provided at the Ground Floor for receiving mail and also for official communications issued by NIFM. Officer trainees are expected to check their lockers on a regular basis.
Mess comprises of an air-conditioned lounge and an air-conditioned dining Hall. The mess food is provided by a contractor. The probationers are expected to strictly observe the meal timings.
Rules for NIFM Hostel
- The hostel accommodation is primarily meant for participants of residential training programmes / courses conducted by the Institute from time to time, visiting guest faculty and for the chairman & members of the Governing Body who visit the Institute for attending meetings or in connection with any other work.
- Visitors to the hostel will not be permitted after 10.00 P.M. They will have to leave the campus by 10.00 P.M. NIFM reserves the right of admission of a visitor to the hostel.
- The security personnel/Reception Desk are under instructions to keep the entrance doors of the Hostel locked from 11.00 PM till 5.00 A.M. Entrance or Exit during the said period shall have to be duly explained to the appropriate authority.
- Cooking of any food item or preparation of tea/coffee in the hostel room is not permitted.
- Hostel residents will be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the property of the Institute, whether movable or immovable, either by themselves or by the spouse, relative(s) or visitor(s).
- The residents are expected to allow employees of the Hostel Administration to access their rooms for cleaning, repairs, maintenance and security purposes.
- The residents are required to use ash-trays, waste-paper baskets etc and otherwise cooperate with the hostel management in maintaining cleanliness.
- The residents are not allowed to assign any personal work to the employees of the Hostel Administration.
- In order to conserve energy & water and avoid waste, the residents are expected to switch off the lights, fans etc. and close the bathroom and washbasin taps after use. They should put the Main Switch off while leaving their rooms.
- Any music system etc. which causes disturbance and inconvenience to others will not be allowed to be used in the Hostel premises.
- Electrical appliances such as TV, Fridge, AC etc. cannot be installed in the allotted rooms.
- Officer trainees who have been permitted station leave by the Course Coordinator must inform the Hostel Manager before leaving. A register is available at the Hostel Reception in which Departure and Arrival time has to be recorded. Officer trainees are not allowed to stay outside the Hostel overnight without prior permission.
- Particulars of all motor vehicles (cars, scooters, motor cycles) owned by Probationers residing in the hostel must be intimated to the Hostel Manager. Their parking in the Campus will be solely at the risk and responsibility of the owner. NIFM will be in no way responsible for any loss.
- Consumption of alcoholic drinks, narcotics or any kind of intoxicants is strictly prohibited in the Hostel premises. Those found violating this rule are liable for disciplinary action. Smoking is not permitted during lectures, practical classes, tests etc.
- The residents should take care of their personal belongings and use their own locks in the rooms. However, keys of built-in cupboards/tables are to be kept in possession by the residents carefully. In case of misplacement or loss, the fact should be immediately reported to the Hostel Administration. In case of loss of key to furniture/fixture or room, a sum of Rs.100/- per key shall be charged for replacement.
- The Hostel Administration reserves the right to inspect the Hostel rooms at any time.
- Officer trainees should take the Morning tea, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in the Mess only.
- Food is not served in hostel rooms except in the case of declared sickness followed by a sick diet.
- Catering facilities are available in the Dining Hall of the Institute as per timings given below:
- Exemption in Mess Bill would be made available only on the production of sanctioned leave or station leave for the weekend. Not taking meal for a part of the day will not entitle the resident to any exemption/rebate in the Mess Bill.
|Morning Tea||06:00 am to 06:30 am|
|Breakfast||08:00 am to 09:00 am|
|Lunch||01:00 pm to 02:30 pm|
|Dinner||08:00 pm to 09:30 pm|
There will be a Mess Committee consisting of officer trainees and one nominee representing PGDBM (FM) officers to be nominated by the Programme Coordinator PGDBM (FM), which will be responsible for deciding the menu for normal and special occasions and for arranging tasty and healthy food. The Mess Committee will also organise dinners on special occasions. It will also responsible for the quality check of the food during its preparation stage. For this purpose it may nominate one probationer on rotation basis each day to carry-out quality check of the food.
A Medical Officer (presently Dr. K.S. Jindal) visits the hostel everyday (except holidays and Sundays) to provide medical services to the officer trainees at certain specified hours. He can also be contacted at odd hours in case of emergency on telephone Nos.2417206 (Clinic) and 2284028 (Residence). Serious cases are referred to the Escorts Medical Centre on the advice of Dr. Jindal.